King’s Kids (February 14)
THE LIFE OF JESUS: GOING HOME
Read “Going Home” found on page 318 in the Jesus Storybook Bible with/to your children. Use the conversation starters below to talk with your children and help them begin to understand about God’s return to Heaven and how we too can go home to Heaven.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a free copy of the Jesus Storybook Bible
- Why do you think the disciples were afraid and hiding? Hint- it has to do with last week’s story (God’s Wonderful Surprise)
- How would you have felt if you were having lunch and Jesus walked straight through the wall to have lunch with you?
- What did Jesus tell Thomas was the way to get to Heaven?
- Did Jesus die to get to Heaven?
- What do you think it would have felt like to be one of the disciples as you stood and watched Jesus disappear into the sky?
- How will Jesus come back?
- Where do you think Heaven is? Describe what you think Heaven will be like?
- What special job did Jesus ask the disciples to do before He went home to Heaven?
- What is our special job?
- Think about people you know that you can tell that Jesus loved us/them so much He died for them. Maybe you could write it in a valentine.
VISIT THESE LINKS FOR MORE FUN!