THE LIFE OF JESUS: GOD’S WONDERFUL SURPRISE
Read “God’s Wonderful Surprise” found on page 310 in the Jesus Storybook Bible with/to your children. Use the conversation starters below to talk with your children and help them begin to understand about God’s resurrection.
Email email@example.com to request a free copy of the Jesus Storybook Bible
- Have you ever had something bad happen to you and then because of it something good happened? I.e. you missed the bus (bad thing), you had to walk to school(bad thing) but while you were walking to school you found $20 ( good thing) on the ground.
- How do you think Jesus’ friends felt after Jesus died on the cross?
- Whose power caused Jesus to rise from the dead?
- What would you have done if you were Mary and you saw Jesus?
- How do you think you would have reacted if you were one of Mary’s friends and she told you that she saw Jesus alive?
- Why do you think Jesus told Mary to go and tell everyone He was alive?
- Do you think Jesus still wants us to tell everyone that Jesus is alive? Why?
When Jesus died, His friends may have felt frustrated, disappointed, or afraid. Things seemed out of control for them. But even though Jesus’ death and resurrection seemed out of control to Jesus’ friends, the ending was better than they could’ve imagined! Jesus is alive! We don’t have to feel hopeless because we have the hope of living forever with Jesus. Jesus came back to life so we can live forever.