King’s Kids (January 31)
THE LIFE OF JESUS: THE SUN STOPS SHINING
Read “The Sun Stops Shining” found on page 302 of the Jesus Storybook Bible with your children. Use the conversation starters below to talk with your children and help them begin to understand that Jesus death is God’s rescue plan.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a free copy of the Jesus Storybook Bible
- Have you ever been alone and afraid? Maybe you got lost in the mall and you couldn’t find your mom or dad? Or you woke up in the night after a scary dream and felt all alone and afraid? Maybe you called for your mom or dad and no one came? Talk about a time when you felt abandoned, alone and afraid?
- Have you ever been in trouble at school or at home for something you didn’t do? How did it feel to be blamed when you were innocent?
- What happened right after Jesus said “Papa? Where are you? Don’t leave me?”
- Whose place did Jesus stand in for? Why did He stay on the cross even though He could have made it stop?
- When Jesus said “it is finished”; what do you think He was talking about?
- How do you think you would feel if you were at the cross that day?
VISIT THESE LINKS FOR MORE FUN!