TEN WAYS TO BE PERFECT
Read “Ten Ways to be Perfect” on page 100 of the Jesus Storybook Bible with your children. Use the conversation starters below to become familiar with the Ten Commandments and to understand their purpose.
Email email@example.com to request a free copy of the Jesus Storybook Bible
- Why do you think your parents have rules for you to follow? Is it easy to follow the rules? Are you able to keep all the rules at home? At school?
- What do you think would happen if we had no rules at all anywhere?
- How many of the ten rules (commandments) God gave his people can you name?
- What did God say was the reason He gave His people these rules?
- In our story today what did God say was even more important than following his rules?
The Ten Rules (Commandments)
- Put God first
- No fake gods
- Respect God’s name
- Respect God’s day of rest
- Respect your parents
- Do not kill people
- Respect marriage
- Do not steal
- Do not lie
- Do not be jealous
Memory Verse: Trust in the Lord always, lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
VISIT THESE LINKS FOR MORE FUN!
OPTIONAL: for younger children print and have your child paste the child friendly Ten Rules (as shown above) instead of the formal ten commandments on the colouring page site.